Cloud-based solutions are still relatively new, and some decision-makers have been hesitant to try them. However, we seem to have hit a turning point. Today, cloud computing has become the status quo for a growing number of industries. Even the healthcare industry (which has been notoriously behind in cloud adoption) has come around. The 2014 HIMSS Analytics Cloud Survey revealed that 83% of IT healthcare organizations were using cloud services and another 9.3% were planning to do so (and those numbers are likely even higher today).
What’s behind this migration to the cloud? In today’s competitive market, it has become increasingly clear that the benefits of cloud solutions far outweigh any risks.
10 business benefits of a cloud-based solution:
- Improves data security – In most cases, cloud solution vendors provide higher levels of data security than businesses can handle on-premises; they have the expert human resources needed to assess vulnerabilities, mitigate risk and keep data safe.
- Ensures data safety – There’s no risk of losing data due to theft or loss of a computer, laptop, or (gasp!) paper files.
- Facilitates regulatory compliance – Complete and accurate data and documentation is stored and managed in the cloud and is accessible on demand.
- Lowers capital expenditure – High-cost hardware is replaced with a pay-as-you-go subscription model.
- Provides fast deployment – Easy setup and management.
- Improves operational agility – Businesses can quickly scale cloud capacity up or down as needs fluctuate.
- Provides services on-demand – Businesses only pay for what they need.
- Lowers maintenance costs – Updates and technical fixes are handled by the service provider, allowing for on-going improvements with little or no disruption to daily operations.
- Eliminates work silos – Cloud-based access enables better collaboration, coordination and benchmarking between departments.
- Improves resource management – Cloud-solution vendors provide IT support and services, allowing companies to focus more resources on immediate business goals.
What's holding your business back from adopting cloud-based technology solutions?